As residents of the Monmouth County area, we provide plumbing services in Belmar, New Jersey, we enjoy getting out and having fun in the famous Maclearie Park which is 10 minutes from the best watching tour in New Jersey, The Jersey Shore Whale Watching Tour.
Maclearie Park, named for a longtime Belmar Mayor (Peter Maclearie), is located by the scenic Belmar Marina on Route 35 and Maplewood Road, Belmar, New Jersey. It features tennis courts, a playground, paths for dog walkers, birds for bird watchers, and a beautiful picnic area with tables and BBQ grills. The park also grants access to scuba divers, kayakers, and paddleboarders.
This lush green landscaped park overlooks the scenic Shark River and is fenced in with two entrances, one in the front with an opening and one in the back with a closed gate where you can access a walking path.
Activities you can do in Maclearie Park
The playground is known as the Ed Brown Playground. It was named after a pilot who founded the Monmouth Executive Airport in 1938 when he was 23 years old.
The theme for this all-inclusive play area is transportation.
- In the playground, kids can explore a scale model of a DC-8 and take turns piloting the plane.
- They will also enjoy sliding down from the top of the control tower and climbing a stacked suitcase sculpture.
- Little kids can also operate their trains.
- The picnic area features shaded picnic tables with charcoal grills where you can dine with your loved ones.
- You can also enjoy Scuba diving at Maclearie Park, as Shark River is a saltwater dive site that has stair access from the park.
- Unless they are being used for a recreation event or program, the tennis courts are used on a first-come, first-served basis. The picnic area is also open to the public on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The Endless SUP Company of Belmar is also located in Maclearie Park. They offer stand-up paddle lessons, stand-up paddleboard rentals, stand-up paddle yoga, and kids stand-up paddle at the L Street Public Beach.
Jane Magovern’s playground, Belmar-L Street Public Beach and the Friends of Belmar Harbour summer sailing camp for kids are some other places you can have fun in the area. The last two are also located on Shark River and are really close to Maclearie Park.
Enjoy the outdoors, reconnect with friends and relatives, and meet new people at Maclearie Park in Belmar.
At Maclearie Park in Belmar, make the best of memories.
Here’s the map for Maclearie Park:
As you can see, Maclearie Park is about a half hour from our head office in Brick, NJ!