Howell Township Library is located at 318 Old Tavern Rd, Howell Township, as a branch of the Monmouth County Library System. It is next to other amazing spots: Hunter Brook Horse Farm Inc, Bear Swamp Natural Area, Howell Park Golf Course, Howell Ice Arena, ClimbZone, Manasquan Reservoir, and more.
Purpose of the Library
The Howell Township Library is a main lending library & community center encouraging library use by all, enabled by the Monmouth County Library System association. The library is committed to providing every patron with informational, educational, recreational, & cultural needs through print & electronic sources, & innovative programming.
- Mondays & Wednesdays: 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Tuesdays & Thursdays: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Fridays: 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Saturdays: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Programs & Services
Howell Township Library offers a variety of programs & services for patrons suitable for all ages. Programs include but are not limited to:
- Adult programming
- Children’s storytimes & activities beginning with infants through grade 5
- Young adult programs for youth in grades 6-12
Services offered the library include:
- Book discussions
- A variety of lectures
- Meeting space for community organizations
- Theatre & musical events for all ages
- other Professional services
- Weekly movies
On special occasions, the Howell library usually invites patrons for a movie week at any of the thirteen Monmouth County Library Branch locations.
The events hosted by the library
There are lots of exciting, educative & interesting events being hosted by the library. Though due to covid-19 most of this event is now held virtually online. The events include but not limited to:
- Virtual Story and Craft Time for Children, takes place every day & begins at 2 pm.
- Virtual Evening Yoga to De-Stress & Relax, takes place every evening at 5 pm.
- Rutgers Virtual Wellness Seminar & Healthy Cooking with Herbs, takes place every Tuesday & begins at 10:30 am
- Endless Possibilities Through Reading Sculpture Dedication & Commemoration of the Reading (this is not virtual) holds every Saturday at 11 am.
Benefits Of Being A Library Member
Members of the library can benefit from the career center, legal collection, government documents collection, local history collection, services for patrons with special needs as well as borrow books, CDs, DVDs, large print books, audiobooks, EBooks, & circulating magazines. Members are also allowed to use library computers for Internet access.
How to join the library
As Howell residents, all you need to do is visit the library to fill a registration form to obtain a free library card. But you would need a valid proof of residency. While parents or legal guardians would be the ones to register children under 17 years.
We love sharing information about Howell with our clients who always trust our plumbing services!
Here’s the map for the Howell Township Library:
As you can see, the Howell Township Library is less than a half hour from our head office in Brick, New Jersey!