A lovely and nice place with a beautiful sunset to swim in a simple community park, in Ocean County, New Jersey. Proficient Plumbing & Heating, we are here in the community to give you the best plumbing services. We are glad to share with our patrons and friends places of interest to visit.
About Lake Horicon Park
The great Lake Horicon Park has been known to be a family favorite spot for over 10 years. There is no complete summer without a few trips to this beautiful peaceful lake.
This 63-acre lake is situated at the corner of Union Avenue & Lake Street, New Jersey. It is in the same area as many other interesting spots such as Crossley Preserve, Lakehurst Historical Museum, Navy Lakehurst Historical Society, Brooksbrae Terracotta Brick Factory, Manchester Family Golf Center, and the list continues!
It is a nice place to come for an afternoon swim, to construct sandcastles, to spend the afternoon having a picnic, and even to go for a jog on the nature trail.
What Lake Horicon Park Offers
It is a 63-acre stream-fed lake, with swimming, fishing, birding, hiking, canoeing. The cedar water is fed by two streams, Blacks Branch and Hurricane Branch, making it always refreshing. The park offers recreational opportunities for swimmers, joggers, or anyone who enjoys a peaceful, cool atmosphere. While there are no diving boards, canoes and kayaks are made available for rent.
The park offers playground equipment for children available in a shady location and is provided with benches for parents to relax. There is one lifeguard assigned daily on duty during the summer months until September. The lake admission is free of charge:
- The park is home to a pavilion with a brick fireplace which is the location for most community activities such as the Halloween ghost stories, July 4th celebration, & the Easter Egg Hunt.
- There is a scenic nature trail around the rear of Lake Horicon. The Historical Society usually sponsors a Walking Tour on the nature trail many times a year.
- At the rear of the lake, there are picnic benches & grills for those who have an appetite for a picturesque view as well as lunch.
- Whether spring, summer, fall, or winter, Lake Horicon park is the place to be for recreation or relaxation.
Lake Horicon Rules
- The lake is open to both residents & non-residents alike.
- Swimming is only allowed in designated areas.
- There is a lifeguard on duty only during the summer months, daily. State law requires no swimming without a lifeguard present.
- Alcohol is prohibited.
- Dogs should be curbed.
- The washing of automobiles is not allowed.
- No animals are allowed in the lake.
- No one is allowed to disrobe or dress or undress in any public place, around or near Lakehurst.
Here’s the map for Horicon Lake:
As you can see, Horicon Lake is about 20 minutes from our head office in Brick, New Jersey!